Monday, July 20, 2015

Podcasts, Webcasts & Webinars

This week I explored the following multimedia tools: Podcasts, Webcasts and Webinars. I am now a huge fan of podcasts for personal and professional use. I could definitely integrate these into the GED classroom to assist students in exploring subject matter or to record class lectures for review.
 I am considering adding a webcast to the website I am creating for tutor training because I like the personal connection that this technology allows for. Webinars I am still not a huge fan of as a learning platform due to the technological challenges but I do see the value in connecting professionals at a distance to share information.

Webcasts
Check out this on-demand webcast: Using Technology to Foster Collaboration in Education

Podcasts
Podcasts: The Nuts and Bolts of Creating Podcasts- Great place to start learning about podcasting and access resources to create your own.

Want to know how to  integrate podcasting into your classroom, check out the  Teacher's Guide on the Use of Podcasting in Education

Check out this list of podcasts that you could integrate as a teaching/learning tool: 10 Fantastic Educational Podcasts I can see some great applications here for adult basic education!

Webinars
Here is a great introduction to Webinars created by Deanna Criddle that explains how a Webinar differs from other multimedia tools and explains its features: Webinars in Education


2 comments:

  1. Once I get my MEd next spring, I plan on returning to ABE/GED prep. Though I see uses for these tools in my current role as a student success instructor, I am excited by the possibilities of all these online tools for Adult Basic Education. I really see the benefit of podcasts (or webcasts) for students to revisit lecture material. Being able to revisit a lecture as many times as a student wants, and in an audio and/or visual form, can be very beneficial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley, what a great way to recap the week and continue in the sharing of resources. I really enjoy how your blog is set up to do just that!
    I wish you tremendous success with whichever technology you decide to incorporate. I hope you will share your journey on this bog, as I'd love to come back and hear your stories!

    ReplyDelete