Encouraging connections in the classroom
Social networking is such a buzz now as many people regularly tweet, post, and pin to stay connected to each other as well as keep informed on topics that interest them. I remember when Facebook first got started and ever since I have used it to connect with family and friends at a distance. I use Pinterest to search for and organize meal ideas and activities to get me through the long winters with my son. Have I been missing out on other potential applications for social media? Should I have brought this tool into the classroom long ago?
Through this weeks exploration and discussion I, along with some of my peers have found some great resources on social networking in education. Check them out!
Articles:
Social Networking Sites (some of the most popular):
LinkedIn- Professional networking site
Twitter- Information feed where posts are short 140 character or less updates (tweets)
Pinterest- Visual social bookmarking site
tumblr- micro-blogging platform
Instagram- Share photos and videos on a variety of social networking platforms
flickr- Host and share photos and videos from any device
Designed for the classroom to mimic popular social networking sites (Ex: Facebook)
Edmodo- Safe social networking site for in the classroom

No comments:
Post a Comment